The Irving Moskowitz Foundation is a not-for-profit charity foundation dedicated to improving and enriching the lives of people based on the idea that “He who has saved one life, it is as if he has saved the world.”
The Moskowitz Foundation was established in 1968 by Dr. Irving Moskowitz to help people in need regardless of race, creed, politics or religion.
Proceeds from the Bingo Club benefit the community of Hawaiian Gardens and surrounding areas through Social Action organizations such as Head Start and The United Community Group. The Moskowitz Foundation also directly supports the Hawaiian Gardens Food Bank, childrens athletic programs, scholarship awards, health care initiatives, and educational programs. Thanks to the hard work of Irving Moskowitz, his foundation, and the Bingo Club, the city of Hawaiian Gardens has gone through a positive process of revitalization.
The Bingo Club and the Irving I. Moskowitz Foundation have contributed to a number of positive campaigns throughout the world including:
- Religious, educational, cultural and emergency services in Israel.
- New York State World Trade Center Relief Fund after the tragedy that occured in New York City on September 11, 2001.
- Relief and aid to the victims of the 2003 massive wildfires in California.
- A major effort was undertaken to help the victims of the tragic earthquake and tsunami that affected the lives of hundreds of thousands of people in Indonesia, Sri Lanka and Thailand in 2004.
- The foundation also contributed to the massive effort to save the lives and livelihoods of the victims of Hurricane Katrina in 2005.
The Irving I. Moskowitz Foundation is constantly striving to do it’s part to create a safer and better environment for people in the local and international level alike.
In addition to contributions mentioned above, Irving Moskowitz Foundation recently funded construction of a brand new modern sports complex for city of Hawaiian Gardens. Below is the thank you video that from the managment and members of the sports complex:
Also below are some images of this state of art sports complex